As a natural planner, I like to make lists. Lists make me feel organized. They keep me focused. They bring order to my chaotic nomadic life. Sometimes my lists are as simple as getting my daily tasks in order and other times my list is never-ending and challenging to complete. Do you know what I love most about making lists?
Do you know what I love most about making lists?
Getting to cross off or place a check when I completed the task. Yes, it’s that simple. I love seeing a list with all its checks placed in all its boxes.
I want to share with you, my travel lists. Since I want to see everything in the Americas I can’t possibly just have one list. This list will focus on beautiful Chile. Believe it or not, but I still have a lot that I need to see but I want to cross a huge chunk of this list by the end of 2017. Click over the crossed out item if you want to read more about it.
Sandboard down the desert dunes
- Admire the Morro de Arica While sunbathing
See the Moon Valley in San Pedro de Atacama
- Experience La Tirana Festival
- Stargaze in the Valle de Elqui
- Meet a colony of Humboldt penguins at the Pan de Azcuar National Park
Visit all three houses of Pablo Neruda Ride the Valparaiso antique funiculars Eat a Chilean Empanada
- Attempt to Ski
Visit a central valley winery
- Skydive along the Andes Mountains
- Hike through the National Park Siete Tazas
- Kiss a Giraffe at Rancagua’s Parque Safari Chile
- Watch a performance at the Teatro Municipal of Santiago
Ride the funicular and Teleferico at Cerro San Cristobal Eat a completo Drink a Piscola Try a terremotto in La Pijoera Check out the view at Sky Costanera Bike Ride through a vineyard Trek a couple of mountains Admire the Open Sky Museum
- Watch the sunset from the Bai Hai Temple
- Attempt surfing in Pichilemu
Visit the hot thermal baths in Chillan
- Visit all 16 churches on the island of Chiloe (I’ve only seen 2)
Have a craft beer in Valdivia
- Hike to the Salto del Itata
- Drive through the Valley de Itata and experience one of the oldest wine routes
- Hike near an active volcano site
- Hug some of the oldest trees in Chile in the Lake Districts
Extreme Austral Areas
- Marble Caves in Chile Chico
- See a whale off the coast of the Patagonia
- Drive through the Carretera Austral
- Camp in the Torres del Paine National Park
- Eat Calafate Berries
- Observe Glacier O’Higgins
- Learn Rapa Nui traditional style dance on Easter Island
What does your list look like? Don’t have one yet? I hope that this list got you thinking about the wonderful places you would like to see. Remember it’s never too late to start traveling. Just put your mind to it, save little by little, and in no time you’ll be getting on that plane so you can cross off your item!
Remember when you give good, you get good